Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Snowy day






I am finally posting at last.  Lydia and I were able to go outside and play in the snow.  We haven't had snow here for a while.  We do get chances to go outside otherwise, but, although the sun is shining, it is usually windy.  There was not very much wind today which  made it a perfect day to build a snowman.  I brought a carrot outside with us, for his nose of course.  She kept wanting to eat it.  It was her first snowman.   In the last picture I told her to smile. You can see the classic face she gave me. It was fun to see her making the connection to the song, "Once There was a Snowman," and to the pictures that she has seen.  Although it did snow it was a wet snow and she loved to look at the melting snow in the drain pipesl.  The morning was so fun and getting out created a peaceful afternoon because Lydia took a restful nap.

5 comments:

Lesley Harvey said...

Love the pictures! Thanks for the update. It looks like Lydia had a blast.

Brian and Lauren said...

I love it! She is growing up too fast! The first snowman is always the best! I can't wait to see you guys this weekend! YEA!!!!!!!!!

Lindsey said...

That looks like the perfect snowman! I love her grin in the last picture. We have had snow here, but like you, it has either been too cold, or not the right kind of snow for a snowman. I am still waiting for a really big snowstorm here. I just don't know if we are going to get one this year. It's kind of been an off year, which has been kind of nice.

Anonymous said...

It's so fun to see new pictures! I think that Lydia is a full-blown toddler now. I miss our play dates and sharing crafts and projects.

Amber said...

A perfect size snowman for Lydia! Glad you were able to enjoy some snow. Can't wait till we get to see you again!!!